Hey Foodie Friends, it’s officially Summer!!! Welcome to our second edition of a brand new series here at Tallahassee Foodies – Boozy Tuesdays.
As the name suggests, every Tuesday this Summer, we’ll be serving up a new summer cocktail recipe to accompany those fresh and tasty dishes you’ll be making at home all season!
To amp up this series and take advantage of what Tallahassee has to offer, I’ve enlisted the help of our favorite pro local bartenders that know EXACTLY how to whip up a custom cocktail.
When I pitched this summer beverage idea to a few local establishments, Charlie Park jumped in and offered up the first 8 rounds of our “fun in the sun” beverage series!
What do I know about this “new kid on the block” food and bev rooftop establishment? They are already well known for their expertly crafted cocktails, brought to you by their very own general manager, Derek Captain, and bar manager, Dalton Bedard.
And by the way, how GORGEOUS is that Proud Mary?!?! I mean really?!?! Check out the recipe below to find out how you can get that perfect ombre fade at home.
Courtesy of Captain:
Introducing the Proud Mary! This libation is perfect for a summer afternoon cocktail party.
Carpano Bianco is a very refreshing vermouth from a premier producer in Italy with floral notes and a fresh cut herb bouquet. We wanted to amplify the vegetative notes so we infused this vermouth with some fresh rosemary sprigs from the garden.
The Carpano, lemon and prosecco mixture would make an excellent spritz by itself, but the addition of the Empress Gin brings brightness, vibrant color and a bit more elegance to the drink turning it from an aperitif to a proper cocktail.
Enjoy this taste of the garden from Charlie Park and bring some of our rooftop feel to your summer soiree!
- 1 oz. Rosemary Infused Carpano Bianco
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- .75 oz Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Prosecco
- 1 oz Empress Gin Floater
- Add 5 sprigs of rosemary to a liter of Carpano Bianco Vermouth and let rest for 24 hours before straining.
- In a shaking tin, mix infused Carpano Bianco, lemon juice, and simple syrup with ice and shake until blended and cold.
- Strain mixture into a chilled coupe glass before adding two ounces of prosecco. Using a bar spoon, gently float the Empress gin on top of the cocktail in the coupe glass for a separated, ombre effect in the glass.
- Garnish with fresh flowers, rosemary sprig or a lemon twist/wheel.
Disclosure – This post is sponsored by Charlie Park. Sponsorships help pay for my blog expenses, so that I may continue to offer our readers more fun posts like this Boozy Tuesday cocktail recipe. Thank you for supporting us, so that we may support our locals.