Every Friday, Tallahassee Foodies will feature five “what’s new in Tallahassee” bites (pun intended) that we feel you need to know about. Hopefully, The Foodies Five weekly inspiration board will encourage you to try something new every week!
- Argonaut Coffee’s newest location is serving up tasty coffee, tea, small bites from Jeri’s Midtown Cafe and much more on the top floor of Midtown Reader. I gave them a visit this week and enjoyed a Chai Tea, Spicy Pimento Sandwich, Chicken Salad Sandwich, and mini blueberry muffins. We enjoyed everything so much, and it was nice to chat with Jason about their upcoming changes. Their renovations to the former Lucy and Leo’s Cupcakery location are almost complete, and they’ll be offering a beer and wine selection within the next week or two.
- Introducing Mo’s Cookies, now serving up warm, fresh cookies right inside of Donut Kingdom on Tennessee Street after 4pm. Our admin Amanda gave them a try last week, posted a pic at the group, and created quite the cookie frenzy!
- Ask and I shall receive! I posted a picture of a creme brûlée donut at the group the other day, asking if anyone local offered something similar. SoDOUGH chimed in that they were on it, and two days later, not only did they have a line out the door waiting for this sweet treat, but they sold out by 9am! Don’t fret my foodie friends, they’ll be offering what I’m dubbing the Jen Brûlée donut (kidding) all weekend! I can’t wait to give it a try!
- Treva’s Pastries made hamentaschen for Purim, although of course they can be enjoyed by anyone who loves a good cookie. If you would like to order, please call Treva’s at 850-765-0811 or email at email@example.com . They require at least a 24 hour minimum notice.
- Seven Days of Local Delights 2021, brought to you by the Red Hills Small Farms Alliance continues. Here is your lineup for this weekend, the event’s final 3 days: Friday, Feb. 26 7pm – On Friday night, Chef Jessica from Kitchenable will show you how to make the best grits ever with Bumpy Road Farm Tally heritage stone-ground grits and locally-farmed pork sausage gravy from Glendower Farms both from the Red Hills Online Market. On Saturday, Feb 27 Noon – 1 pm – Enjoy a Garden Installation at the Frenchtown Heritage Hub with the Damayan Garden Project. And finally, on Sunday, Feb. 28 – Ask A Farmer: Growing Locally – Join Red Hills on Sunday to ask your top gardening and growing questions to Derek Phillips from Handsome Harvest and Daniel Miranda of Legacy Greens. Register here for your Zoom link: https://bit.ly/2MjRIFu