Every Friday, Tallahassee Foodies will feature five “what’s new in Tallahassee” bites (pun intended) that we feel you need to know about. Hopefully, The Foodies Five weekly inspiration board will encourage you to try something new every week!
- Wow, we’ve had an amazing week celebrating delicious food at the TCC Foundation’s annual Cleaver and Cork events! On Thursday afternoon, Chef Leon had the honor of interviewing this year’s Cleaver and Cork featured Chef, Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian on behalf of Tallahassee Foodies (I can’t wait to share this video interview with you all, stay tuned). Later that evening, we met up once again for a cooking demonstration hosted by Chef Zakarian, and we’ll see each other again tomorrow afternoon at their Uncorked on Campus Food and Wine Festival, where Chef Zakarian, Shannon of Tally Cheese Boards, Chef Brian Knepper of Savour, Chef Leon and others will thrill the crowd with educational, yet tasty demos!
- Construction is well underway at Charlie Park, a next-level rooftop experience at the new AC hotel in Cascades Park. From the details at the bar, to the ambience of the fireplace lounge, they’re creating a refined, yet comfortable space featuring sophisticated cocktails, expertly curated wine, and a shareable small-plates menu.
- Backwoods Crossing is now open for lunch again! Their hours are now Monday – Saturday, 11am-9pm. This week’s menu features Fresh tuna poke, crispy calamari, falafel, and Mahi.
- La Florida Coffee & Wine, the latest, exciting addition to the TCC Center for Innovation will celebrate their grand opening this week. The opening will kick off on March 8th from 5 – 6 p.m. with a ribbon cutting, in partnership with the Capital City Chamber of Commerce and the Tallahassee Downtown Improvement Authority. You can find La Florida at 350 S. Duval Street.
- The latest addition to the La Tiendita menu is their ‘Beijo de Queijo’ (cheese kiss). They are made from deep fried pâo de queijo dough, tossed in sugar and cinnamon, and doused with dulce de leche!! Enjoy with a Brazilian espresso or latte!