About this Position
Tallahassee Foodies is seeking Editorial and/or Photography interns to write articles for our blog, TallahasseeFoodies.com. Photography is needed to support the content, so we are seeking a journalism intern that is also great at photography, or separate journalism and photography internship positions. These are an unpaid internship positions, students seeking college credits are encouraged to apply and/or anyone with the necessary skillset looking for exposure for their brand/work.
Position Type(s): Internship – Journalism and/or Photography
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Duration: Seasonal / As Needed
Samples of work: Please provide samples of writing and/or photography work, along with resume, to email@example.com
Work Location: Home/Remote
Company’s website: tallahasseefoodies.com
Tallahassee Foodies is seeking a sharp, self-motivated, and detail-oriented editorial intern who is interested in contributing articles and/or a photography intern that builds our brand in a fun, positive, and growing capacity. Ideally, we would like an intern that has strong editorial and photography skills, but we can fill these requirements as two separate internship positions, if necessary. Creative writing at our blog is centered around influencing members to support our local Tallahassee and surrounding area food establishments. We primarily cover restaurant openings, as well as local food trends and events.
What You Will Do
As an editorial intern for Tallahassee Foodies, you will be working directly with the contributing team to assist in multiple projects such as:
- Pitching, researching, and writing informative, inspiring, and engaging articles covering a range of topics fitting the description above.
- Fact check and proofread content before publishing at site.
- A self-starter with an eagerness to learn and contribute to a growing digital media brand.
- Has the ability to meet deadlines.
- Has a keen sense of grammar, language, and spelling.
- Flexibility, or the ability to adapt and pivot as unforeseeable or spontaneous situations.
Skills Gained From Position
- Learn to create content for a fast-paced startup digital blog.
- Learn and develop your individual editorial voice.
- Build a writer’s portfolio.
About Tallahassee Foodies
Tallahassee Foodies is an progressive and influential media platform serving food establishments and consumers in and around the Tallahassee area. We are extremely passionate about supporting our local food establishments. Over the past couple of years, we have built Tallahassee Foodies to become the capital city’s newest and greatest food information source and trend guide. Writers include influential personalities ranging from chefs, breweries, consumers, social media personalities, restaurant owners and more. Tallahassee Foodies is a marketing platform consisting of a blog, Facebook group, Facebook page, and Instagram.