About this Position
Tallahassee Foodies is seeking a motivated intern to keep our blog’s weekly events calendar fresh with updates. We are a leading resource for food news in Tallahassee, and we fill this demand for info with directories, as well as updates/additions to our events calendar, announcements, and promos.
We are seeking an intern with some knowledge of content management systems (ex. WordPress), as well as the ability to share updates at our Facebook profile. This will occasionally come with the need to design and/or update graphics.
This is an unpaid internship position – students seeking college credits are encouraged to apply and/or anyone with the necessary skillset looking for an addition to their resume.
First and foremost, we’d love to have someone on board that takes initiative – an intern that sees a need and seeks to fill the void when we have multiple projects in the works.
Position Type(s): Internship – Social Media, Blogger
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Duration: Seasonal / As Needed
Work Location: Home/Remote
Company’s website: tallahasseefoodies.com
Samples of Work
Please provide samples of work to email@example.com
Tallahassee Foodies is seeking a sharp, self-motivated, and detail-oriented intern who is interested in contributing blog, social media and graphics updates. Our primary qualification is someone that builds our brand in a fun, positive, and growing capacity.
What You Will Do
Tallahassee Foodies is seeking a motivated intern to keep our blog’s event calendar fresh with updates. We are a leading resource for food news in Tallahassee, and we fill this demand for info with directories, as well as updates/additions to our events calendar, announcements, and promos.
- A self-starter with an eagerness to learn and contribute to a growing digital media brand
- Ability to update social media profiles such as Facebook and Instagram
- Some WordPress knowledge a plus for updating blog content
- Ability to update graphics, preferably in Photoshop, not required, but a plus
- A good eye for graphic design
- Has the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility, or the ability to adapt and pivot with spontaneous need for content
- A desktop and browser to complete tasks
Skills Gained From Position
- Learn to create content, graphics, and social media updates for a fast-paced startup digital blog.
- Build a portfolio and/or resume.
About Tallahassee Foodies
Tallahassee Foodies is an progressive and influential media platform serving food establishments and consumers in and around the Tallahassee area. We are extremely passionate about supporting our local food establishments. Over the past few years, we have built Tallahassee Foodies to become the capital city’s newest and greatest food information source and trend guide. Writers include local influencers ranging from chefs, breweries, consumers, social media personalities, restaurant owners and more. Tallahassee Foodies is a marketing platform consisting of a blog, Facebook group, Facebook page, and Instagram.