- This event has passed.
Wakulla River Heritage Carnival
February 1, 2020 @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Celebrate carnival style as we honor the memory of people who lived along the Wakulla River leaving their historical traces and connection to the Caribbean islands. Your all-inclusive ticket to this fun heritage event includes park admission, entertainment and lunch.
$16 per person if you get your ticket before January 20th when purchased with Friends of Wakulla Springs | $20 at the door | $8 for children 12 and under
– Opening drum circle, led by master drummer, Yazid Johnson
– Traditional plated Caribbean dishes prepared by Chef Reshard Plummer. MENU: Jerk chicken, griot, pidgeon peas and rice, fried plantains, and fresh pineapple salsa
– Connect to the past with “Windows on History” shining light on the Apalachee and other native river populations
– Southern funk toe-tapping music from Common Taters and the Turn-Ups
– Cash Bar
– Stroll through the park or river cruise on one of our world famous Wakulla Springs tour boats (additional cost)
Make your plans NOW to attend this special heritage event not to be missed! Space is limited.
Event dates/times are subject to change. Please contact the event venue to confirm before attending.