Hey Foodie (and cocktail loving) Friends, it’s officially Summer!!! Welcome to our forth edition of a brand new series here at Tallahassee Foodies – Boozy Tuesdays.
As the name suggests, every Tuesday this Summer, we’ll be serving up a new summer cocktail recipe to accompany those fresh and tasty dishes you’ll be making at home all season!
To amp up this series and take advantage of what Tallahassee has to offer, I’ve enlisted the help of our favorite pro local bartenders that know EXACTLY how to whip up a custom cocktail.
When I pitched this summer beverage idea to a few local establishments, Charlie Park jumped in and offered up the first 8 rounds of our “fun in the sun” beverage series!
What do I know about this “new kid on the block” food and bev rooftop establishment? They are already well known for their expertly crafted cocktails, brought to you by their very own general manager Derek Captain, bar manager Dalton Bedard, and bartender Thaísa Bedard.
Courtesy of Dalton Bedard:
This week’s cocktail, the “Rye and Dry” is our summer-centric take on the illustrious classic, the Perfect Manhattan.
By infusing Dolin Dry vermouth with fresh macerated strawberries, the bright, unapologetic vibrance of the summer fruit binds “perfectly” with the rich addition of flavour coming from the world’s first sweet vermouth, Antica Formula.
By using Michter’s Rye as the base, the subtle woodiness of the whiskey peaks through the curtain, providing a well-balanced drinking experience suitable for intermediate and seasoned drinkers alike.
Rye and Dry
- 1.5 oz Michter’s Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz Strawberry infused Dolin Dry Vermouth
- .75 oz Antica Formula Sweet Vermouth
- To make the strawberry infused Dolin Dry vermouth, macerate 1/2 punnet of fresh strawberries and rest in bottle for 24 hours. Strain out solids and refrigerate.
- Stir all ingredients in a mixing pitcher and strain into a coupe glass. Express the citric oil from one lime swath and garnish with a brûlée’d strawberry and lime heart. Enjoy!